May 16th, 2019
I've been listening to a lot of music lately. It feels nice. Speaking of listening to music, you should do it, too, as much as possible. Stream if you have to, but when you find someone worth supporting, go to a show, buy a record or a t-shirt, send them some money on patreon or whatever. SUPPORT them so they can keep doing it.
Speaking of which, I have a limited edition red vinyl version of the new Starflyer 59 album, Young in My Head, arriving today. I'm excited.
P.S. It's Thursday, that means you have today and two more days to make this week awesome. Do something cool. You won't regret it. Tell them I sent you. They'll know what it means. It's a secret; you wouldn't understand.
This episode is brought to you by SINASOID. They have amazing cables of all kinds. Check out the signature Slate cable, for all your instrument needs. With the 100 year warranty, it's the last cable you'll ever need to buy. Check them out at www.sinasoid.com
This episode is also sponsored by Pelican Noiseworks. Check out the new Binford 6100 digital multi-effect pedal. It's a great all in one noise solution that can be dialed back for more "standard" sounds as well. And of course, if you don't already have a Pelitaur or Half Horse, your fuzz collection is woefully incomplete. Check it all out at www.pelicannoiseworks.com
This episode is also sponsored by Gunstreet Wiring Shop. Gunstreet makes prewired kits for all kinds of guitars and even does custom orders. Check them out at www.gunstreetwiringshop.com
INTRODUCING Gear Slum Patreon. The Slum Hard Street Crew is now broken into three tiers. Join now for as low as $2/ month. www.patreon.com/thegearslum
- Limited Edition iron on Slum Hard Street Crew Vintage Vision logo patch.
- A bunch of stickers
- The respect and admiration of your peers.
- A personalized, hand-written note from one of the Slummers.
- An episode dedicated to you. If you want, you can even come on and do the opening segment with the three of us. (This will be available to all SHSC members, one at a time). If you don't want to have an episode dedicated to you, we can also dedicate it to your mom, dog, etc.
- Mad props.
- Early access to all future offerings.
- We'll buy you a coffee, beer, or Diet Mt. Dew if we ever see you around town.
- You get to help spread the gospel of Slum all across your town/ the internet.
- Special discount code for certain Sinasoid and Gunstreet products