Feb 28th, 2019
Imagine a world with no pain. Would it be heaven or would it be hell?
In this episode, we try to guess what Strymon will do next, Aaron gives Cole and Phil an update on Ja Rule following the Fyre documentaries of recent months, Cole wonders why his cohosts are so excited about dice knobs, Phil tries to trick everyone, and the gang wonder about the relative merits of vintage and modern production overdrive units.
Aaron may have coughed occasionally, although he worked really hard to always do it off mic and to remove the sound from the final track where possible.
Today Michael Cohen openly called the president of the USA a racist cheapskate, so that was fun.
Here's your poem of the week. This time from the incomparable Frank O'Hara from his collection Lunch Poems:
The Day Lady Died
This episode is brought to you by SINASOID. They have amazing cables of all kinds. Check out the signature Slate cable, for all your instrument needs. With the 100 year warranty, it's the last cable you'll ever need to buy. Check them out at www.sinasoid.com
This episode is also sponsored by Gabriel Tenorio String Company. Gabriel makes the finest hand-made strings for all your electric and acoustic guitar needs. Each set is hand-made and designed for your specific instrument. Join the #stringcult at www.thegts.co
This episode is also sponsored by Gunstreet Wiring Shop. Gunstreet makes prewired kits for all kinds of guitars and even does custom orders. Check them out at www.gunstreetwiringshop.com
INTRODUCING Gear Slum Patreon. The Slum Hard Street Crew is now broken into three tiers. Join now for as low as $2/ month. www.patreon.com/thegearslum
- Limited Edition iron on Slum Hard Street Crew Vintage Vision logo patch.
- A bunch of stickers
- The respect and admiration of your peers.
- A personalized, hand-written note from one of the Slummers.
- An episode dedicated to you. If you want, you can even come on and do the opening segment with the three of us. (This will be available to all SHSC members, one at a time). If you don't want to have an episode dedicated to you, we can also dedicate it to your mom, dog, etc.
- Mad props.
- Early access to all future offerings.
- We'll buy you a coffee, beer, or Diet Mt. Dew if we ever see you around town.
- You get to help spread the gospel of Slum all across your town/ the internet.
- Special discount code for certain Sinasoid and Gunstreet products