Feb 14th, 2019
What is life and why?
This episode is about tube screamers and tabloids; the end of an era; imagine a map folding into and over itself time and time again.
The map is your soul.
The folds are the hours and minutes and seconds of your life, ever repeating.
We owe you nothing; you have no control.
Control is always automatic.
Our great war is a class war. Our great depression is our lives.
You are not what you own.
Peace. Love. Death to Tone.
Remember Woodstock '94? And how it was a perfect symbol of the way the excess of the 80s had shaped Generation X into a band of entitled pseudo-hippy anti-intellectual exhibitionist nihilist sell-outs? You really think 1969 was any better? It was all an illusion. Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
This episode is brought to you by SINASOID. They have amazing cables of all kinds. Check out the signature Slate cable, for all your instrument needs. With the 100 year warranty, it's the last cable you'll ever need to buy. Check them out at www.sinasoid.com
This episode is also sponsored by Gabriel Tenorio String Company. Gabriel makes the finest hand-made strings for all your electric and acoustic guitar needs. Each set is hand-made and designed for your specific instrument. Join the #stringcult at www.thegts.co
This episode is also sponsored by Gunstreet Wiring Shop. Gunstreet makes prewired kits for all kinds of guitars and even does custom orders. Check them out at www.gunstreetwiringshop.com
INTRODUCING Gear Slum Patreon. The Slum Hard Street Crew is now broken into three tiers. Join now for as low as $2/ month. www.patreon.com/thegearslum
- Limited Edition iron on Slum Hard Street Crew Vintage Vision logo patch.
- A bunch of stickers
- The respect and admiration of your peers.
- A personalized, hand-written note from one of the Slummers.
- An episode dedicated to you. If you want, you can even come on and do the opening segment with the three of us. (This will be available to all SHSC members, one at a time). If you don't want to have an episode dedicated to you, we can also dedicate it to your mom, dog, etc.
- Mad props.
- Early access to all future offerings.
- We'll buy you a coffee, beer, or Diet Mt. Dew if we ever see you around town.
- You get to help spread the gospel of Slum all across your town/ the internet.
- Special discount code for certain Sinasoid and Gunstreet products